Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

HELLP Syndrome Awareness

If you've read my blog since the beginning, you have learned that I suffered from HELLP syndrome during my last pregnancy.  Since then, I have made it my mission to raise awareness about HELLP syndrome.  I had never heard of HELLP prior to getting my diagnosis.  It is such a rare disease that even doctors miss the symptoms.  Now that I am on the mend, and I finally feel ready to actually face what I went through, I've started doing some research.  I found this excellent website called What the HELLP?  It was started by a woman who lost her sister due to HELLP syndrome.  There are also many stories about others who have suffered from HELLP.  I actually cannot bring myself to read the stories, it brings too much pain to think about what might have been, but the infographic on the homepage is amazing.  It literally takes two minutes to read the infographic and learn a little more about HELLP syndrome.  Doing so can save the life of a friend or relative, or even their baby.

I also found a website through the Preeclampsia Foundation called the Preeclampsia Registry.  It acts as a "Living Database" to help advance Preeclampsia & HELLP research.  If you have suffered from Preeclampsia and/or HELLP, I urge you to register as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com