Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Welcome!

Thanks for joining me in my little space on the 'net.  I have had a fairly successful teacher blog for the last few years and I've finally decided to take the leap and create a life/family blog.  Mostly because I have taken a leave of absence from teaching this year, and I want to chronicle my journey.   I had a new baby in April and she is my reason for the time off; but I also had quite a complicated pregnancy and I want to raise awareness about that as well.  In addition to my five-month-old, I also have a five-year-old little boy.  He started Kindergarten this year!  In our district, Kindergarteners go to school all day every day.  I'm a little sad that I can't spend my time off with both my kiddies, but my son is most definitely ready for the challenge of Kindergarten.  And I'm not kidding when I say Kindergarten is a challenge!  Have you seen the Common Core?  I will say, though, that my son has learned more in the first five weeks of school than I could've ever taught him at home!  Yes, I'm a teacher.  But I teach fourth grade.  Kindergarten teachers have all my praise and respect!

I look forward to sharing more of my journey as a mommy to an infant and a Kindergartener.  I am also a self-proclaimed Disney-holic, so I would love to share my thoughts and tips on Disney travel.  Lastly, because you can take the teacher out of the classroom, but not the teacher out of the teacher, I will be sharing some of my favorite children's books and activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com